Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Maine Cemeteries

There aren't many places in Maine where you can drive around and not see a cemetery, and for some strange reason, I love walking around in them (as long as its broad daylight!) They are peaceful and quiet and each one is different from the rest, ranging from small family cemeteries that have only 4 or 5 gravestones and hardly anyone knows about them, to huge and crowded ones containing hundreds upon hundreds of stones. I'm not sure what it is about them that I particularly like, its just that they seem to have so much history. I can't help think about what a particular person did during their lifetime, who they knew, what they accomplished, or the thoughts they had.

Today, even though it's been raining, I took a short walk behind my house to the cemetery that only a few people know about.
Abbot Family Cemetery Saco, ME

Taken at a cemetery in Buxton, ME

Taken at a cemetery that I can't remember the whereabouts

No comments:

Post a Comment